Ontario Fishing Records
With so many fish being caught it is hard to keep up with the records. When up to date records are posted
on the MNR web site, we will post them on Bass Canada. Until then, if you catch a fish that is over any of the sizes listed below, you should take a few pictures, measurements and weight of the fish and contact your local Wildlife and fisheries dept.
The Registry includes the following records, as of 2000:
- Atlantic Salmon 24.30 lbs. 11.0 kg.
- Lake Whitefish 14.77 lbs. 6.7 kg.
- Aurora Trout 6.64 lbs. 3.01 kg.
- Largemouth Bass 10.43 lbs. 4.7 kg.
- Black Crappie 3.78 lbs. 1.7 kg.
- Muskellunge 65.00 lbs. 29.5 kg.
- Brook Trout 14.50 lbs. 6.6 kg.
- Northern Pike 42.12 lbs. 19.1 kg.
- Brown Trout 34.38 lbs. 15.6 kg.
- Rainbow Trout 29.12 lbs. 13.2 kg.
- Chinook Salmon 46.38 lbs. 21.1 kg.
- Smallmouth Bass 9.84 lbs. 4.5 kg.
- Coho Salmon 28.64 lbs. 13.0 kg.
- Lake Sturgeon 168.00 lbs. 76.2 kg.
- Lake Herring (Cisco) 4.33 lbs 2.0 kg.
- Walleye 22.25 lbs. 10.1 kg.
- Lake Trout 63.12 lbs 28.6 kg
- Yellow Perch 2.25 lbs. 1.0 kg.
Good Luck beating these fish records, I am hoping to break the Bass record some day:)
Tight Lines !